Land2c Landscape Architecture
We are a two person boutique firm. Landscape architect, Tim, takes major responsibility for the connections between the interior/exterior flow, smooth connections throughout the property, built structures, and the overall design. Kat, landscape designer, focuses on the plantings, decorative elements, furniture, and colors. We closely collaborate to meet the goals of each client and involve you as much or as little as you like. Our creative team at Land2c offers solid hardscaping solutions and winning horticultural expertise.
Tim is a landscape architecture graduate of the University of Washington and is registered in WA to practice. Kat attended the two-year horticultural design program at Edmonds Community College and also holds an M.Ed. Tim is a member of the Association of Landscape Architects, ALSA, and both Kat and Tim are active in the WA chapter of the Association of Professional Landscape Designers, APLDWA.
We believe in using earth-friendly materials and organic horticultural practices whenever possible. We select hardy NW plants suited to your specific site and combine them with interesting architectural elements. We provide you with the information to care for and maintain your new garden.
There are many creative ways to achieve your goals and we will offer you design alternatives. Everyone has a budget and we are respectful of that reality. Our collaboration should be enjoyable and stimulating as we develop your new landscape together.
- Seattle Times 'Natural Gardener' feature
- Seattle Post-Intelligencer
- Distinctive Backyard Ideas magazine
- Backyard Solutions magazine
- Landscaping for Privacy--Innovative Ways to Turn your Outdoor Space into a Peaceful Retreat, by Marty Wingate
Land2c gardens are frequently enjoyed on community and garden club tours
Land2c was featured as APLDWA Designer of the Month for January 2015
LAND2C VOLUNTEER AND PRO BONO WORK
- Tim has volunteered for several Park Planning and Development committees including The Uptown Park-An Urban Oasis, Seattle and the Recovery Garden At CottageGrove Park, West Seattle.
- Kat has served on the board of the state chapter of the Association of Professional Landscape Designers, APLD.
- Kat is the founder of Picture Perfect Queen Anne, the community group that focuses on keeping upper Queen Anne Avenue welcoming and attractive.
- Land2c donated the garden designs for the upper QA Avenue North beds at the intersections at McGraw, Boston, and Galer and the gardens flanking the historic Galer Stairs.
Land2c did an amazing garden plan for our backyard. They were professional and timely in responding to our requests and questions. Their ideas were creative and relatively easy to carry out in our yar... Read More
Excellent design with innovative ideas for a more easily maintained landscape. They took the view and low water use that we wanted into consideration. Read More
We had a sloping unused back yard. Land2C transformed it into a beautiful oasis. It is now a gorgeous, inviting additional room of our home. Land2C was very easy and fun to work with. Katherine and Ti... Read More
My husband and I hired Tim and Kathy to help us plan and oversee the planting of a new landscape design at our new house. Both were extremely knowledgeable about design and enhancing trees, shrubs and... Read More
Land2c Lanscape Architecture, Kathy and Tim King, are always upbeat and professional. They continually worked above and beyond what we expected. When I had questions, I always knew that I could emai... Read More
In addition to doing large-scale garden design and architecture projects, Land2c is an excellent provider of garden consultation and small projects to people with established gardens. Kathy King, m... Read More
We hired Kat and Tim of Land2c to renovate the landscaping of our 60+ year old home. Changes had been made over the years but it was seriously outdated, overgrown and downright ugly. We wanted a fre... Read More
We approached Land2C to redo our backyard. They listened to our requests, made suggestions of their own, made the blueprints and the plant inventories. We did the hardscape and the planting ourselve... Read More